Today’s challenge is to name 10 likes and 10 dislikes. Although there are a lot more than 10 on both, I’m going to share with you a short, simple list that I’ve compiled together.
- Netflix — Believe it or not, this is a huge part of my daily life. I’ve watched so many TV series from start to finish, and simply don’t see the need for cable.
- Sleep — Who doesn’t love sleep? With working full-time, being a parent, and having mental illness, sleep is so incredibly important to me, even though I don’t feel as though I get nearly enough.
- Social Media (sometimes) — Having mental illness, social media can be a blessing and a curse. Finding others like me is much easier through these outlets, but it can also make my illness worse at times.
- Makeup — For many years, this has been a therapeutic hobby of mine. I’ve never been the creative, artistic type (no matter how much I try), but it gives me a sense of accomplishment and confidence to create something I’m proud of.
- Blogging — Here, I feel as though I can share my voice with the world. Whether or not anyone is listening, I’m able to freely express myself and share what I have to say.
- Family — My greatest sense of pride is my family. The tight bond that we all share is unlike any other. It breaks my heart to see how distant so many families are, and reminds me to be grateful to have mine.
- Photography — Although I haven’t entirely started, it’s always been something I’ve enjoyed and found curiosity in. I want to learn all about it, and get better over time in order to help create and capture lasting memories for others.
- Animals — I love them all, and simply cannot get enough of them. I’d have all of the babies in the world if I could.
- Food — I’m an extremely picky eater, but boy, do I love food.
- Sunflowers — For as long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with sunflowers. Their beauty is truly impeccable.
- Sweating — It’s just gross. I can’t stand the way it makes me feel.
- Early Mornings — If I could sleep in everyday, I truly believe I’d be more productive with my life.
- Calories — Seriously, why do they even exist?
- Mental Illness — There have been many times that I’ve wondered why I couldn’t just be “normal,” and wished I was like anybody else.
- Cheaters or Abusers — Been there, done that. If you’re going through this, please reach out. I promise you’re not alone, and you can break free. I despise these people more than you could imagine.
- Justice System — There to “serve and protect,” but it has let down way too many people. The system is broken, and I truly, desperately hope it can be repaired one day.
- Religion — Way too complicated, and way too dividing.
- Death — Do I have to elaborate?
- When I’m “Wrong” — Admitting I’m wrong, as previously mentioned, is difficult for me, but what’s even harder is how it makes me feel.
- Gaining Weight — Who else wishes they were as fat as the first time they thought they were fat? Why couldn’t we all just be blessed with good genes and a high metabolism?
Some of my likes and dislikes were simple, and others were more complex. It’s nice to keep things varied. I’m curious to know what some of your likes and dislikes are. Let me know in the comments!
Day 13 coming soon.